SG Painting Services Review

So, one fine day, papa requested us to paint his room. Based on our previous painting experience, it wasn't a good one. We tried painting on our own for almost the whole house but we ended up became tired, shagged, cranky and the end result was ugly. 

Some parts were uneven, some drips of paints here and there, a lot of scrapping to be done. I tapped the corners, borders etc to avoid the paint from dripping etc A lot of work has to be done. Right from re arranging of furnitures to painting then cleaning up plus cleaning up of ourselves. Gosh, such a tedious process. 

Hence, my younger sister asked her friends whether are they able to help out for the painting process and she said they agreed but there's only 2 of them. I was thinking, it would still take quite sometime to get it done. 

I was scrolling Facebook one day and came across this SG Painting Services and saw the services that they offered, so i enquired on their quotations. 

$1350 for; 
-4 colour choices from the Nippon Vinillex 5000 range -painting of ceiling for entire house (inclusive 2 toilets) with matex white -furniture shifting and protection -minor wall repair (plastering and gap filling)


After much considerations, i decided to engage them. Communication with them was good throughout. I was a little skeptical whether or not to trust them because i didn't see any reviews as yet based on their fb. So, i tried to get the owner contact no for easy contact.

I texted him instead, that gave me little reassurance. I was told to make a 50% deposit upon confirmation, via banking. In which, i did and i was given an e-invoice.
There, on the invoice stated the company's reg no and address and i felt relieved that after all, this is a credible company to engage with. Communication was good throughout as the reply were very prompt and on the stated date, the painters came punctually but not the boss, the one i'm in contact with. 

However, that didn't matter much. The promised timing was 9-6pm. They started painting only at 10? After they had their breakfast at my crib. I would suggest that your house be empty. Probably only one family member to be around to monitor their progress would be good enough. 

Because really, i thank god that on that day that i invited them to paint, coincidently, my family went overseas for a short getaway. My house state was like the scene in the movie 'Jumanji'. So, many stuffs to be shifted etc. Hardly have any space to walk around. 

Throughout the process, the boss and his partner came by, then disappeared. That didn't really bother me as long as the painting still goes on. However, by 4pm, i think there's still quite a lot to be done. I doubt if they could finish on time. 

And....i was right. They finally completed the job at about 8pm? So, halfway the boss and his partner went missing again..due to that there was a communication breakdown as the workers couldn't remember which wall to paint what color etc. 

Below are the completed works...



The painting in progress..they include scrapping of wallpaper. That is such a time consuming process and glad that it was done properly. 




So, here's the miscommunication part..as you can see, they mentioned the paint wasn't insufficient, as a result, they used another color to paint. Yes, they did ask my opinion before they paint but i wasn't sure too and i just agreed. So, yes, it was partly my fault too for agreeing to let them paint with a different color. A color which i didn't even choose. 

When my family returns, mum wasn't happy at all with the color combination painted. We waited the boss and his partner to return to collect balance of the payment. Once they arrived, mum started to complain about it. So, the boss was kind enough. He told me, not to pay the balance payment. 

We set a another date on the spot for this painters to repaint the walls. Only then, i balance payment. So, i agreed. On the stated date, as promised, the boss and his painters came and get it all done as desired. He gave me a discount of $50. After the whole process, the next day, he gave me a code which entitles to 10% for next painting job, which can be used by my friends or family, valid till 23/05/2017. 

So, if any of you who happen to know me, looking for some painting services and interested in engaging them, can contact me directly or tag me at my tagboard. And i'll pass you the discount code. 

Overall, i would still recommend SG Painting Services because of the prompt replies, the end result was nicely done as well. As the painters helped to rearranged my furnitures, sweep the floor, throw the rubbish etc  

All is done is a day and all my stuffs were in good condition, no faulty found etc If only, they could stick to the timing as promised and have a black and white form for the painters to refer to while painting then this miscommunication could have been avoided. I've already gave feedbacks to the boss. All is well and i'm thankful that i engaged them. :)

Below is the glitch, as you can see..




Do search them via FB : SG Painting Services

Yours truly,
saf

Comments

Popular Posts