Unfortunate event

Dear diary,

I'm feeling very devastated today. I was on leave from work and decided to do some sidelines to earn extra income. My day started early before noon. I had my breakfast, switched on my phone and took up some delivery jobs. Everything went fine... my first job was completed at about 1130hrs. I continued taking up jobs as usual but at 1335hrs, just right after I ended one of my job,  I was from Blk 841 Jurong West St 81. I looked to my left and right,  the road was clear and I made my way to exit from the minor road.  To my right,  I saw about 3 boys crossing the road, so I saw going at slow speed and the bag that I was carrying was heavy.  The weather was bright and sunny at that point of time. After about 200 m, I heard a long horn from the back of the road and immediately saw a car from my rear which hit the left rear of my bike.  

I was stunned but all I could think of was that I had to complete my order.  A white local car had hit me and the driver went out of the car to check on me.  He asked me on how I wanted to settle the issue.  I was clueless at that point of time. I couldn't think much and I thought that the damages to his car was minor and there wasn't any major damage to my bike.  However,  my left saddle bag was torn as a result. I could also felt pain on my left knee area. The car which hit me had minor scratches,  which I tried to rub a little with my fingers and the scars actually could disappear. 

I just agreed along and the driver asked me to take a photo of our driving license and exchanged contact numbers. The driver mentioned that he will inform his car rental company as it was a rented car used for PHV. Subsequently,  the driver left and I was struggling to get a gripped on myself.  I had difficulties to switch on my bike. There was a witness,  Mr Ho, who witnessed the accident who checked on my wellbeing. There were also 2 other witness,  a male Chinese guy(suspect in his 30s) and an aunty(suspected to be in 50s-60s) who approached me to check on me.  

Mr Ho mentioned that he was willing to be my witness and gave his contact number to me. I tried calling hubs but no response(as expected as he had just returned from night shift and was asleep when I left home). After that,  I continued to send the orders. After completing the orders,  I returned home to take a break. I had my late lunch as my tummy was growling and performed my prayers.  Subsequently,  at 1645hrs, I went to the clinic to get my leg checked.   I found out that both nearby clinic were closed and will be reopened at 1800hrs. 

At 1701hrs, the car driver called me and asked about the settlement.  I enquired the details if we proceed with private settlement but to my horror,  the car company quoted me with estimated of $700++ considering the loss of income for the driver as the car had to be sent for repair and the period of repair is still under rental period,  along with consideration that I came from minor road.  I was so shocked upon hearing the amount as I really felt the driver was at fault. I mentioned that I will have to go to the clinic and make a report first before confirming my decision and the car rental company was agreeable. 

Hence,  I waited till 1800hrs, before proceeding to the clinic beside my blk and was assessed by the locum doctor.  I was given some medication ànd 1 day MC as a result. Then, I proceeded to Choa Chu Kang NPC to make a police report.  When I entered the station,  I was asked if there's any damage to government pproperty, any injuries, and how many days MC I was given.  The PO mentioned that as I was given only 1 day MC, it was unnecessary for me to make the report and the PO assumed that I had agreed for private settlement. I disagreed and informed that I wasn't agreeable for the private settlement. Hence,  would to make the report to claim for insurance.  Then,  the PO directed me to the kiosk to make the report on my own.  I want sure what details are required and did to my own knowledge. 

After much consideration,  I decided to claim for insurance and called my insurance company (AXA) and was informed that I had to call the other department on Mon, after 9am.

I'm really unsure of the outcome and really very unfortunate that I had to encounter such tragedy.  I'm grateful that no damages observed for my bike and no major injuries for myself but this incident cost time and money. I'm just really down that I've to fork out more than I thought I could earn.  Just not my day. 

I'm really thankful for having the helpful witness and reliable friends who provided useful inputs inputs on how to go about selling this issue.  Not too forget, thanking my hubs for accompanying me to the Police station before he had to go for night shift. I made a mistake of not capturing the whole scene but only the image of the car which hit me.  

Tomorrow is another early day for me.  Just hope that I've enough strength to pull through. 

Yours truly, 
saf

Comments

Popular Posts