Life is unpredictable

Dear Diary,

Just two days back, I visited one of my friend who used to be close to me. We knew each other since we were thirteen. We were in the same class for four consecutive years and were in the same CCA back then.

We watched each other grew and years later, I got hitched, got busy with my commitments and my friend got a life of his own. We never really meet up so often anymore. 

The last time I saw my friend was during my big day. It was last year and my friend came with his partner. At that point, I was aware of his health condition. 

He was suffering from a health condition but it didn't seem to bother him much, so probably, we thought it wasn't that serious. I bet he thought it wasn't that serious either because his daily activities wasn't affected much by it, only occasionally. 

A year later, I saw him in one of the video captured by a close friend of mine. I was taken aback at his condition. I felt so concerned about him and decided to pay him a visit. 

Little did I expect, his condition was unimaginable. I never knew it has deteriorated till this way. He was unable to carry out his activities of daily living without assistance. It pained me to see his current condition. I'm sure it was tough on him. Hearing his health journey and the process of going through operation, it must've been such an emotional roller coaster for the entire family. 

I can relate to this because of my own personal experience. I knew how it felt when one of the family member lost their abilities and how it impacted on the other family members. It was definitely hard to accept it in the initial stage. 

He went on sharing on how slim his chances of recovery breaks my heart even more. At this point of time, I gave an advise of getting a second opinion before making a big decision which will affect his health and condition in future. 

My dear friend, if you're reading this and if you know I'm referring to you, I just want to tell you how much I treasure our friendship. You have been a great friend and a good person. 

I know it's tough for you and it'll be tougher to adapting this new life of yours but I pray for your strength and perseverance in fighting this sickness and weakness in you. 

I believe you're stronger than all this and God have chosen you to go through this because HE knows you're strong enough to go through it. Keep your faith strong my friend. May you be rewarded for going through such life adversities. 

With much love and prayers for you, always. I pray for your recovery, insyallah. Syafakillah my dear friend. 

Yours truly,
Saf

Comments

Popular Posts