Lost phone

Dear diary, 

I know I have abandoned you. I was doing well and didn't see a need to pen down my thoughts. Well, not till today. It happened yesterday evening when I was on the way back home from work. The weather was cooling, the road was wet and busy. 

I was riding smoothly on PIE, along Jurong rd when my phone stand gave way and my phone dropped. It wasn't the first time. The last time it happened, I managed to catch my phone in time. But this time round...I was either in between the first or second lane. I didn't manage to catch it due to the speed that I was riding at. I saw my phone dropped to my right side and I quickly glance to my left mirror to stop at the road shoulder. 

When I managed to stop, I backtracked along the road shoulder, walking slowly and keeping my eyes on the first lane or the road divider but I failed to locate it. I was in such despair. I never thought this could happen to me. All the memories stored in the phone... flash through my mind. 

It pains me to lost it in such a manner. I wasn't ready for it. Especially when I have yet to make a back up of all the memorable memories stored in it. I was already in a panicky mode. I called love, he didn't answer. I got on my bike and rode back home.

As soon as I'm home, I saw him playing his PS4, just as expected. I told myself not to show my panic mode when I see him but I couldn't help it. I started to become panic and I urged him to accompany me to backtrack my phone.

What I received is anger and frustration from him as he has ever advised me to change the phone stand. Yes, I wanted to and I did spend some time window shopping to search for a good quality one. He suggested Quadlock but I hesitant with the idea as I have to change the phone casing. I have thoughts of changing the phone, hence, I don't see why I should get Quadlock for now. 

He took his time, dressing appropriately, and got on my bike, and off we went to backtrack it. We tried twice but...failed to locate it. I was disappointed and hungry at the same time. I couldn't focus well. I told to love, it's okay, I need to get my dinner.

My last meal was at 11+am, which was my breakfast. We went to the nearest coffee shop to get dinner and headed back home. At home, I didn't feel good and was thinking of ways to find it. I tried google and found an app. A glimpse of hope appeared when I saw that my phone was indeed along the stretch of road where it last fell and to my surprise, it still rang when I tried to call it. 

I planned to go back at midnight to give it another shot. The app has a function to play sound and my lost phone will play that sound for that few minutes. So, past midnight, we headed back to that location, about 3 attempts, and at some points, I even crossed over at the road divider to walk along that road but I couldn't hear any sound. 

Love urged me to return to the road shoulder, fearing for my safety but I was desperate! I kept walking along the road shoulder for a few distances and still failed to locate it. It was almost 1am and love had to work in the morning the next day. 

Then, I thought of making a report, we went to the nearest NPP and I realized that they require the OTP from Singpass in order to make a report and I had to go to the nearest NPC instead of as I couldn't access the OTP. 

Love initiated to go the next day instead...as he needed his sleep. There was nothing more I could do. It's like I know it's alive and somewhere there but I just don't know the exact spot. I never felt such a heavy heart to let it go just like that...



Today, love tried to track it and it shows that the batt level is left with 6%. Eventually, I know it will die on me and I guess, that's the end of how the story of my phone. 

Thank you my dear reliable phone for behaving so well throughout the times that we were together. I have been using it for a few years and it never gave me any issues. I took care of it well and never misplaced it but it's just so sad that it had to end in such a tragedy. 

Amidst all these, I'm thankful that God protected me through the heavy rains that I encountered during my journey to work and on the way home. Thank you, god, for keeping me safe. Probably, it's just not meant for me. It's not really about the phone but the memories I had in it that made it hard to let it go but I guess everything in life is just temporary. Eventually, every living thing has its expiry date. 

With this, I end my post in a heavy heart. To those who are attempting to contact me, please do so via FB pm. 

Goodbye dear poney... :(

Truly,
saf

Comments

Popular Posts