BEWARE! Review of Car Rental from Vogue Car Rental (Mandai)

 Hello to my fellow readers, 


Or anyone who happens to read this post. 

I believe this company needs to be highlighted and to create awareness for other potential customers. 

I rented a car from this company, a 1 day rental. I found their car listings at Carousel. I do admit I did my homework on reviews of this company. I have some doubts about this company from the mixed reviews given by other customers. 

However, because this was a decision made with votes my majority from my friends who pitched in for the rental cost, I decided to go ahead engaging them. 

Upon collection, I was advised to meet at the following details as quoted: 

'Collect 2 Sep 2pm

Return 3 Sep 2pm 

Pls contact our staff at 91686607 or 91991517 once you have reached Blk 621A Multi-Storey Carpark Level 4A beside Yew Tee MRT (Exit B)

Pls bring along your NRIC & Driving License

TouranSMY'

As you can see... I already have my doubts when there's 2 other numbers given to me. Prior to collection, I was prompted to submit a photo of my IC and driving license, as well as a deposit of $100. 

The person(HP: 90091907), let's call him Mr A who enquired for my IC and driving license is a different person than the one who passed me the car(HP:91686607). Let's call him Mr B. 

The first look of the car, shows that it is an old car with poor maintenance. Several defects were seen upon collection. Mr B was insistent that I took photos of the existing car condition, followed by signing of the documents for the handover. 

However, I was not given a customer copy and initially, Mr B refused to indicate the existing defects on the forms that I signed on and questioned me whether I have taken the photos and that it would be sufficient. I wasn't agreeable to the idea and insisted him to indicate the existing defects on paper to safeguard myself, which only then he agreed to do so. 

The car condition wasn't very clean at all. During the time that Mr B was indicating the defects, he didn't check in and go around the car with me. I had to follow him as he stated the defects on his own accord. 

The first thing I felt when I drove the car, it felt heavy. Not too sure what caused that feeling. There was a slippery sign that appeared and when I questioned Mr A. He asked me to contact either 91991517(Mr C) or Mr B. I tried to call the numbers, no response. I had to spend a while to get through both numbers. 

The car was still able to be driven though. So I proceeded with topping up fuel. After I topped up fuel, the red exclamation ❗ sign appeared. Again, I informed Mr A of the warning signs. MR A asked me to contact Mr C to inform. Hence, I did as told. 

When I did as told Mr C asked me to check with Mr B as he explained that it wasn't him who handover the car. Eventually, Mr B called me and assured me it's a sensor issue and it is not an issue. I continued using the car, occasionally, the engine sounds gives out a loud sound when I accelerate or going uphill. 

Upon return, I was punctual. However, when I reached, I was informed by Mr A as quoted:

[03/09, 2:00 pm] Vogue Car Rental: Return 3 Sep 2pm 

Pls contact our staff at 91686607 or 91991517 once you have reached Blk 621A Multi-Storey Carpark Level 4A beside Yew Tee MRT (Exit 

[03/09, 2:00 pm] Vogue Car Rental: or can return selfpark, park in the carpark and leave they key on tyre. After that  take photo and WhatsApp to 91991517 (Mr C)


Pls take note (pls send clear photo

4 photos 4 full side

4 photos 4 full corners sid

1 photo fuel level

1 photo key on tyre


And so I did as told. Mr C requested for my account number. However, after given the account number, I received no update. I had to call Mr C. No response, followed by calling Me A, which I was informed the deposit(of $100) will be returned by today before midnight. 

At 631pm, Mr B called me and enquired if I have returned the car?

Which I wasn't aware of the text. 

At 729pm, Mr B called me again to ask if I have returned the car. I informed him about returning the car and how I have informed his other colleagues. He hung up halfway while I was on the phone with him, which is very rude!

Again, Mr B enquired for my account number, which I responded promptly. 

Followed by silent treatment. 

At 814pm, I have yet to receive my deposit. 


This has been one of the most unpleasant experience of renting a car. It's not my first time renting a car but this is the worst customer service, no communication and poor car quality. 

I do not recommend this company to anyone at all. The man who handover the car to me was rude and rushed me through signing of the documents without any explanation. I even had to ask to take photos of the signed documents.

I will update on the next post on the photos and time of the deposit received.


Yours truly, 

saf













Comments

Popular Posts