Love 35th!

This is a throwback post dedicated to my love.  We've had a staycation at Sofitel Singapore City Centre for 2 days to celebrate his birthday.  I chose the hotel because of its facilities but we ended up didn't even go to the gym or swim. The plan to swim was dampened by wet weather and the gym is pathetic.  Hence,  we went to our AF gym instead.  The only good thing I could say about the hotel is that it's location.  It's just next to Tanjong Pagar exit A. The are several shops nearby and finishing food is not an issue.  Even if you're starving at night,  you can just cross across to the 7-11 nearby to get some instant food.  

The process of checking in was smooth.  I actually enquired for early check in but they didn't get back to me despite telling me that they would.  It's my love birthday and I was expecting them to surprise a cake in the room upon checking in.  Unfortunately, after we checked in,  I didn't see any cake.  I was planning to go to the reception to enquire with them as they have informed me in advance that they would be able to provide a complimentary cake. 

After a few minutes of settling down,  suddenly,  I heard a knock at the door and when I opened it,  an hotel staff passed me the cake... so not surprising at all.*roll eyes* I'm grateful that they  provided the complimentary cake but I felt they could have been more thoughtful about the whole set up.  It would definitely be better if they just place the cake in advance proper to our check in.  

The room was clean,  spacious,  aircon was functioning well.  No issues but the pillows were too soft for me.  It offers no support for my neck at all.  So the sleeping experience wasn't that good.  I have expectations as I'm paying for a pricey stay. Actually I would say the pillows and the toilet without the bidet functions were the only disadvantages of the room.  Toilet without bidet functions along with a barrier to shower area.  This would be my most dislike feature of the bathroom.  I'm very particular about bidet function as this relates to personal hygiene.  How can one clean yourself totally with just tissue paper??? It doesn't makes sense.  Even for babies,  you use wet tissue to wipe their private parts during nappy change.  

I believe we should all educate ourselves to clean our private parts with water after making whatever business.  Basic hygiene,  come on!!! I'm sure covid19 has taught us the importance of washing thoroughly with water. Simply to avoid contamination and infection.  

Nevertheless, we had a pleasant Staycation as we get to explore around the area. I really love the design of the space around the hotel. It has a lovely garden like walkway with multiple seating areas surrounded by the greenery. I'm blessed to be able to celebrate love's birthday. His presence meant so much to me and I'll always be praying for his well being. 

Enjoy the images. LOVE YOU!!!

Yours truly, 
Saf

Comments

Popular Posts