Updates on the unfortunate event

 Dear diary,  


After much waiting time and anticipation of the unfortunate event...the legal company under my insurance agent gave me an update saying, 'Hi as we had a internal discussion we wont be able to take up your case. 

as you have no witness to collaborate with your accident statement. 

furthermore the pictures taken at the scene of accident shows otherwise of what you have mentioned of having already travelled about 100m on the road before the collision.' 

Honestly, when I received this text.. I wasn't sure on how to feel. I mean thank god i've yet to purchase new saddle bags to replace the old ones which was torn as a result of the accident. Intially, the company mentioned that I could claim for these items and has asked me to purchase new ones and provide the invoice for claims. Somehow or rather, my heart was half hearted about it. Especially, after my witness refused to assist in making report of the accident to increase my liability for the claims.

True enough that it could be settle privately as there wasn't any major defects. However, I was shocked when I heard the car rental company quoted me with $700 for private settlement when I am not the one hitting the car. I just find in unjustified and ridiculous. I just realized the importance of having a camera installed on my bike. It definitely would assist to bring out the truth and helped me for my future occasions. 

I find there's just alot of angsty drivers in SG and why I'm saying this is because that's how I see it. Only in SG, you hear very common long hons when a driver is unhappy towards another party. Very few occasions that driver gives in or even slow down when there's obstruction or even like jaywalker. I mean come on, just give and take alittle bit. Seriously. Like drivers are expecting other road users to abide by the rules and if not, it's as if immediate actions had to be carried out. 

When I travelled across borders, I witnessed how our neighbouring country doesn't have as much traffic light but yet drivers are still considerate to slow down when there's an obstruction or even jaywalkers. It is so unnecessary to keep pressing your hons to release your angst. Even the slightest issue could become like a big hoohaa. 


Just take for example the recent incident; 'Stop putting up her pictures': Man who posted video of road rage incident at Malaysia checkpoint says doxxing should stop, Singapore News - AsiaOne

Is it really necessary to resort to such actions?

"After I checked the scratches, I didn't think it was serious."

Exactly!!!

This was the same issue that I experienced during my accident too. But bloody hell the amount of emotional trauma because drivers made such a big matter and included additional false declaration just made me so worried about the whole situation. 

To be honest, I'm unsure with efficiency of our services, does is actually makes the citizens more opportunists and less tolerant?

 

Now, i'm extra careful when on the roads. Extra alert just to avoid such unreasonable road users. 

May god protect us wherever we are from those who's intention is to bring others down. 

 

Yours truly,

saf


Comments

Popular Posts