Journey as a trainee counsellor

I don't think many know this about me but this is what i'll be sharing for today. Fact is, i'm coming to almost to the end of it. I should have start to jot this journey down earlier but time is always limited for me.

I've to keep going to and fro, sacrificing my sleep and money, hitching here and there just to be punctual, just to have alittle more rest. It's been a challenge but i didn't feel like dragging myself to the sessions.

There were days that I'm at my site and none of the clients turn up, it felt like my journey to the site was wasted and i could've my rest at home but i tried not to dwell on it and instead, i tried to be productive. Even sharing or exchanging views with the other counsellors there is a learning journey for me. This truly give a meaning in my life. For once, i felt that my life is not stagnant.

There is so much more to learn and to learn from. I've encountered clients from various age group, race and nationalities. This experience definitely broaden my horizons on marriage life. I felt that this journey is a blessing in disguise because i gain a lot of useful knowledge for myself and the people around me.

It also somehow helps me to prepare the future challenges that we failed to see or we never knew will happen. Doing this practicum enables me to have a better understanding of the challenges that different marriage couple faces and the issues that arises at the various phases of marriage life.

And yes, you're right, if you've guessed that I am doing under marriage counselling with my site. The stereotype from the public towards counselling is still strong. People thinks counselling isn't necessary or counselling won't really help your situation to get better etc. Or some even think it's a disgrace to go for counselling.

That is when you are wrong. You don't go to counselling when things get real bad or out of control. It is better to seek for early treatment. If you go when things has become so bad, then, it's too late to save the marriage. No doubt, marriage consist of a lot of hardwork and commitment.

My prayers goes out to those couple who are struggling to stay strong to protect their marriage and also, for the professionals who assist these couples along the way.

You may never knew what difference counselling can do to you, till you attend one, when needed. Of course i'm not saying every session or counsellor will work for you, but it's no harm giving it a try.

If any of you need any contacts in particular, you can dm me.

Email: safiah.abd@gmail.com

I'll be more glad to share the relevant contacts or advises that i have at hand.

Yours truly,
saf

Comments

Popular Posts