Sundown 2014

I guess running a marathon each year gives me a sense of an accomplishment. Also, it gives me an opportunity to push myself, breaking my limit. So, this year is my first time joining a night marathon. I thought running a night marathon could be much better than morning marathon, not that i don't enjoy morning run but i was expecting night to be cooler but i was wrong.

Honestly, the race pack that i've got is the most pathetic race pack, ever! No freebies, except for the big shopping bag with the sundown logo and the shirt. Not that i'm expecting much but i just thought they could give a little more for the amount that i paid for? The run was completed exceeding my target timing, an hour. Anyway, i don't really like the place layout of this marathon, somehow. I think they ought to place for signages for directions etc.

The crowd was huge! That is a norm but unlike my prev marathon, they control the crowd by releasing batch by batch. I thought this was the same but not! They practically just let everyone run just like that. No crowd control. We didn't even know we have passed the starting point. And we were like, 'eh start already???!'. Due to the narrow pavements and the crowd, i cant run at a faster pace. Some parts of the route were dark, they should provide more lighting on these areas. If it's dark but its on an even straight road, i don't really mind. However, the dark parts some requires us to cross over some steps, across the grass etc. It is quite dangerous if one is not careful.

Oh and the heat kills! I felt so hot during the run, not cooling at all. Due to the crowd. OMG, it feels like we are all running to fight for oxygen! Okay, i know i sound a little dramatic. hehehee. That was just the thought i had when i was running. When going home, we thought of taking the shuttle bus home. We were asked to pay $8 for it! That don't mind but the timing is insane. At about 1240am, we were told the slot for 1230am is closed. The next timing is at 0300am! Totally ridiculouss. While contemplating whether to cab home, then, i realised there's night rider. Thankyou SMRT for providing night rider. It was a smooth journey, got seats and we were home safely. :))

Despite the downfall, i enjoyed the run, managed to complete it without stopping and it won't stop me from joining more marathon in future. :)
Glad to have this marathon with my fellow friends.Good job for all runners, especially those who ran for 21km/42km. That is insaneeee! hehee.

















































































































Yours truly,
saf

Comments

Popular Posts